MEXICO HOUSE BUILD PROJECT: March 9-11, 2018
UPDATE FEBRUARY 10th, 2018: We are over capacity for house build volunteers to join us. We would still love your support for fundraising and spreading the word, please contact us if you know any businesses interested in sponsoring.
Learn more about the family receiving this home below!
Meet the Family!
The sticks, tarps, and mattress you see in the photos is the current living situation for the López Morelos family. Lázaro López (age 48) works in the fields and Faustina Morelos (age 41) takes care of their four children.
Lázaro (age 18), Guadalupe (age 14 who occasionally works with her father in the field), Andrea (age 11), and Samuel (age 2) who is actually a grandchild but Faustina takes care of him because his parents are gone and left Samuel with her.
Andrea (holding up a report card she's proud of) is in 6th grade and an excellent student. She wants to be a doctor and her favorite subjects are biology and natural science.
The family came from Oaxaca 20 years ago and in her own words, Faustina says, "In Oaxaca, there is no work. We didn't have any money there, and I came to Maneadero to work, in order to be able to eat."
Thank you to our community of world changers for donating their time and resources to help make a difference.
While this build is full, we are still seeking donations to help change this family's life forever.
Sign up for our newsletter (bottom of the page) to stay up-to-date on when the next build (July 13-15th) opens for volunteers.
Thank you for choosing greatness!
Frequently asked questions, answered:
1) The drive to Maneadero, MX is 2.5 hours from San Diego, safe, on paved roads.
2) Everyone will have an opportunity to build the home and support with the community programs.
3) No experience is necessary! All you need is a big heart and a positive attitude :)
4) You're welcome to stay for all or part of the build weekend, whatever works best with your schedule.
5) The trip is very SAFE and accomodations for the weekend are in a gated community.